Harry’s blog, when active, was enjoyed by people in the fields of mathematics, business, strategy, inspiration and politics.
His posts have made people happy, sad and angry, had a few politicians fired over the years, upset a few organizations over disclosures of inconsistency, called for the importance of critical thinking in a world that needs collaboration and solutions more than ever and inspired people who had given up on a complicated world.
When he said what he had to say, he retired the blog but left the posts active for people to enjoy. Some key categories and posts are noted below. If any graphics images are missing as can happen when referenced material disappears, feel free to reach out to Harry and he will correct it for you.
The writing style evolved and improved over the years. No apologies regarding style and flow are offered for older posts!
General categories of posts:
- The #1206 Series – A collection of warnings about society
- The Abigail / Gabriel Series – a collection of stories about hope
- Strategy – general strategy stuff
- Government – general government stuff
- Politics (General) – general politics stuff
- Politics (Canadian) – general Canadian politics stuff
- Politics (Newfoundland) – general Newfoundland politics stuff
- Politics (Alberta) – general Alberta politics stuff
Some popular posts:
- From Bell Island to the Island of Manhattan – a PDF of a presentation I made about my professional journey
- The Reality of Statistical Improbability – understanding the impact of your choices
- Strategy – Have You Hired a Million Monkeys? – establishing a focused strategy
- Quantum Physics and Problem Solving – being an objective observer
- Who Will Bell the Cat? – a dated political musing about people who talk much but do little
- The World As Seen By The Objective Observer – more thoughts on being an objective observer
- Maximizing Potential – Avoiding Ask-Holes – building strong relationships
- Strategy and Degrees of Insanity – effective vs. ineffective strategy
- The Master of Distraction – an installment in the #1206 “fiction” series that can be found here
- Solving Mysteries – The Direct Approach – getting to the point
- Blood Donations and Life Connections – a musing about serving others)
- Asking Questions That Get Answered – a strategy musing
- We Need More Selfishness – a musing about recharging
- Life: Making Complexity Out of Simplicity – simplifying our approach to problems
- Solving Puzzles – Follow the Breadcrumbs – understanding true cause and effect
- Creating an Oprah Moment – embracing the unexpected
- A User’s Guide to Passionate People – encouraging a passion-filled Life (an older musing)
- I Met a Man on a Journey – thoughts on collaboration